Friday, March 30, 2007

Something's gotta give

Opportunity Cost
There is a cost to everything we do. As they say, you can't have your cake and eat it too.

I can't do salsa, go to the gym, hang out with my friends, pamper my dog, get to know my parents and siblings, make time for God, try out new activities, work AND find time to cuddle up with my bf all at once.

I tried that before...sacrificing sleep to try and cram as much as I possible could into one day. I would ignore the pain in my knee and feet as I danced through the night. I dismissed the circles and bags under my eyes and the tired look I had on my face all the time.

At the end of the day, all i had was quantity, not quality .
I was also exhausted and, horror of horrors, started looking older than I should. I then started to question why the hell was I trying to kill myself, and if i even liked what I was doing at all.

There are opportunity costs for everything we do.
I can dance all night, 4 times a week, but it will be at the expense of my bad knee and feet.
I can work late and meet up with my friends but it will be at the expense of jp.
I can stay over more often at jp's house, but i will leave zsa zsa lonely at home.
I can go home to play with zsa zsa but I won't be able to meet so many friends for dinner or drinks.
I can hang out with friends often, but will need to sacrifice sleep and shopping money.

The list can go on forever.


What I want to know is, is JP sacrificing his time with me to pursue his work, his salsa and his never-ending drinks at Union with Patrick, that is the question. Sometimes I wonder, when he says he can't meet me or has alot of work to do, how is it that he can still hang out dancing the night away 3 times a week?

He dances all night, but at the expense of not getting work done.
He can work, but loses sleep.
He sleeps and doesn't entertain me.


Sometimes, I can't help but suspect, that i am the thing to give.

XxX,

audrey at 11:45

0 lamb droppings