Thursday, March 08, 2007

salsa burnout

Somehow, these days, all I seem to be doing is just work, gym and salsa. I scarcely have enough to do anything else. And that sucks. My room is in a mess, i'm not spending quality time with anyone in particular. Not even my dog. No wonder im in a bad mood most of the time.

And coming to think about it...salsa has taken up alot of my time, as well as a big chuck of resources. Think i have spent at the very very least 1.1K on it already.

I could have used this money to buy like, another LV bag. Or taken my bike license and bought a old 2nd hand bike. Or have used it to pay for my airfare to UK. Or gone on another 2 beach holidays in neighbouring countries. Or permed & colored my hair another 4 times. Or top up $200 and bought myself a Tag Heuer watch.

Ok, don't want to speculate further on what i could have done with my money anymore..heart pain only. But anyway, i've decided to stop all salsa lessons from now on.

Salsa is really fun...but honestly, if you stop dancing for just a few weeks, you will find that your skills have turned rusty. Can you imagine if you stopped dancing for 3 months? Your 1K+ investment would have just gone down the drain.

JP says i should just look at salsa as a form of entertainment...and stop counting my dollars and cents. But that's so easy for him to say, since he's already earnt back what he dumped in for classes (and more!) from all the investments he's done for the salsa people. For me, it's like i just dumped money in the sea...gone!

Sigh.

And on top of that...that's all i seem to be doing anymore nowadays. Seems like at least 1 or 2 days of the week MUST be spent at Union. Sigh.

How come salsa seems more and more like something that i need to do, rather than something that i like to do?

Boo.

XxX,

audrey at 10:56

4 lamb droppings